This conference is open to anyone interested in applied mathematics and related disciplines at UC Merced and neighboring universities. Graduate students, undergraduates, postdocs, and faculty are all welcome. (Download flyer from here.)
To bring together students and faculty sharing a common interest in applied mathematics and related ﬁelds. Participants will have the opportunity to network, share their research interests, and exchange ideas.
Event Date and Location:
Friday, April 17th, 2020 at the University of California, Merced (see map here)
- 8.30am-9.00am: Registration, Meet and greet (ACS 120, UC Merced)
- 9.00am-9.15am: Opening Remarks (ACS 120, UC Merced)
- 9.15am-9.45am: Introduction of the local SIAM Student Chapters (ACS 120, UC Merced)
- 9.45am-10.30am: Alumni Panel (ACS 120, UC Merced)
- 10.30am-11.30am: Panel: Past and future of the Applied Mathematics Department (ACS 120, UC Merced)
- 12:00pm-1:30pm: Lunch (KL 355, UC Merced)
- 1:30 pm - 3:15pm: Poster session featuring regional graduate and undergraduate research (KLL 355 - Library, UC Merced)
- 3:30pm - 5:30pm: Research talk by Prof. Linda Petzold, Mehrabian Distinguished Professor, Mechanical Engineering and Computer Science at the University of California, Santa Barbara (COB2 140, UC Merced)
Directions and Parking:
See a campus map here. Parking is complementary and available upon request.
Organizers & Support:
The event is organized by the University of California, Merced SIAM Student Chapter. Support for this event is provided by SIAM and the School of Natural Sciences, Applied Mathematics, University of California, Merced.