This conference is open to anyone interested in applied mathematics and related disciplines at UC Merced and neighboring universities. Graduate students, undergraduates, postdocs, and faculty are all welcome. (Download flyer from here.)
To bring together students and faculty sharing a common interest in applied mathematics and related ﬁelds. Participants will have the opportunity to network, share their research interests, and exchange ideas.
Event Date and Location:
Friday, April 14th, 2023 at the Dr. Vikram and Priya Lakireddy Grand Ballroom, University of California, Merced (see the red marking on the map here).
- 08:00AM - 09:00AM: Registration/Check-in
- 09:00AM - 09:15AM: Welcoming Remarks
- 09:15AM - 10:15AM: Chapter Introductions
- 10:15AM - 10:30AM: Break
- 10:30AM - 12:15PM: Poster session featuring regional graduate and undergraduate research
- 12:15PM - 12:30PM: Group Picture
- 12:30PM - 01:30PM: Lunch
- 01:30PM - 01:45PM: Poster Presentation Awards
- 01:45PM - 02:45PM: Keynote Speaker: Dr. Lior Horesh, IBM Research
- 02:45PM - 03:00PM: Break
- 03:00PM - 04:00PM: Math Circle: Problem of the Month
- 04:00PM - 04:30PM: Game: Math Loteria
- 04:30PM -0 5:00PM: Closing Remarks
Directions and Parking:
See a campus map (with red marking showing the parking and conference building) here. Parking is complementary and available upon request.
Organizers & Support:
The event is organized by the University of California, Merced SIAM Student Chapter. Support for this event is provided by SIAM and the School of Natural Sciences, Applied Mathematics, University of California, Merced.